Residents of Chatham Borough and Township, as well as Morris County residents, are able to use all of the facilities at The Library of the Chathams.
The library is a member of the Morris-Union Federation of Libraries, which means residents also can use their card at several libraries in Union and Somerset counties.
The library has a flatbed scanner available for use. Library members can also participate in Mango Languages' instruction program, which offers online instruction for 22 languages, and also gives its members use of a variety of online learning centers.
Diane O'Brien is the library's director.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 9:30am to 9pm; Fri, 9:30am - 6 pm; Sat, 9:30am - 5pm.; Sun, 2pm - 5pm. (closed Sundaus in July and August)
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp and an automatic door opener.
- Parking: Free lot
- Size of collection: 100,000
- Specialties: Psychology, earth sciences, health
- Services: Research databases
- Internet use policy: The building has wireless Internet, though one must have a card to use the library's databases.
- Programs/classes: There is adult and children programming all year long; there is also a summer reading program for children.
- Book donation information: The library accepts donations in February for its used book sale.
- Wi-Fi: Free