School of Rock Chatham is a performance-based, interactive music school. The school accepts students ages 7 to 18. Lessons are led by top-notch professional musicians and vocal coaches. Students are provided 45 minute weekly private lessons on the instruments of their choice. Group practice jam sessions, show rehearsals and performances, and guest artist events are also included in performance-program enrollment. The student rock shows held in the past include tributes to Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, and the Beatles. Those who receive admission have to pay a monthly tuition. For more information, visit the web site.
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 2:45pm to 8:45pm, Sat 11am to 5pm
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founding Date: 2007
- Number of students: 230
- Financial aid: No
- Accreditation/licenses: Music Therapists on Staff
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 12
- How engaged is the school with the community?: SoR sponsors community events like Summit's Annual New Eyes For The Needy raising money to provide thousands of eye glasses to kids in need. SoR plays rock shows at Chatham Fishawack Festival & Hall of Fame Bernie Worrell's Local & Legends MusicFest!
- What makes this community special?: A positive, fun environment to foster musical talent in young individuals & help them gain confidence in their own individuality along with top-level instructors, live stage performances, & social interaction at our school make our program unique.