Chatham New Jersey Transit Station
The Chatham New Jersey Transit Station serves trains on the system's Morristown Line. Trains travel on the line from Hackettstown to New York's Penn Station. Riders can also take trains that end in Hoboken and switch to a PATH train into New York City.
There are two parking lots adjacent to the station, which is in the process of being renovated. Metered parking is available to members of the general public at $5 per day, and Chatham Borough residents can also apply for $350 yearly permits (there is currently a waiting list for the permits).
The ticket office is open from 4:45 a.m. to 8:35 a.m. Monday through Friday and is closed on weekends.
During the week, the first train from Chatham into Penn Station leaves at 4:52 a.m. and the last leaves at 12:06 a.m. The first train from Penn Station to Chatham leaves New York at 6:11 a.m. and the last leaves at 2:01 a.m.
On weekends, the first train from Chatham into Penn Station leaves at 4:42 a.m. and the last leaves at 11:42 a.m. The first train from Penn Station to Chatham leaves New York at 6:11 a.m. and the last leaves at 1:34 a.m.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of daily departures, arrivals: 80
- Reach: Local
- Transportation: Commuter rail
- Parking: Paid lot
- Parking durations available: Short-term
- Map of the premises (e.g. airport map, bus station map, etc.) [link]: www.njtransit.com/rg/rg_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainSta…
- Discounts: Group/family, Senior, Student
- Number of tracks: 2
- Carriers: New Jersey Transit