Over the years, Chatham High School has been consistently recognized as one of the best in New Jersey. In December 2009, U.S. News and World Report gave it a silver medal, the second-highest honor it awards to high schools in its rankings (100 high schools nationwide received gold medals). In 2004, it was given No Child Left Behind Blue Ribbon Status, which means that it has shown itself to be academically superior to many other high schools nationwide.
The school offers courses in fine arts, world languages, technology education and family/consumer sciences. Students also have the opportunity to take courses in vocational education subjects.
The vast majority of graduating seniors from the high school attend college. Chatham High School students also consistently score higher than average on SAT tests.
Students can choose from a variety of extracurricular activites, from the Forensics Club to indoor track.
The school principal is Darren Groh. Assistant principals are Lori Gironda and Douglas Walker.
- Fax: 973-635-8670
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 1,050
- Public/Private: Public
- Number of faculty: 95
- Grade levels: Grades 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Composition, Environmental Studies, European History, French, German, Spanish, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History
- Extracurricular activities available: Bands/choirs/orchestras, jazz ensemble, marching band, pops orchestra, Environmental Club, Forensics Club, French Club, Future Business Leaders of America, Games Club, German Club, Ink Blot, Key Club, Newspaper, Yearbook.
- Student clubs: Academic Team, Applied Physics and Engineering Club, ASPIN, Chatham Politics Club, Computer League, Darfur CHS, Dramatic Productions, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Microfinance Club, Mock Trial, Model UN, Pep Club, Science League, SADD, Spanish Club, TATU
- Sports teams: Baseball, basketball, bowling, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, ice hockey, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track, ultimate frisbee, volleyball, wrestling.