The contest, run by Dunkin Donuts, was simple - buy an iced coffee, enter the code on the cup on the Dunkin Donuts website, and win the chance to meet Manning and potentially star in a Dunkin commercial with him. Thirty-one winners from New York and New Jersey met in Ramsey Thursday to collect their winnings.
"It's just a really exciting experience," Leah Klimaszewski from Dumont, said.
"I was kind of intimidated to meet Eli, but it was just really cool."
David Goodwin, a police dispatcher in Hazlet who traveled up to Ramsey Thursday afternoon, agreed.
"I get coffee every time I go to work, so I played everyday not expecting to win," he said.
"I was shocked, to say the least. It's not everyday you get to meet a two-time Super Bowl MVP. My entire department is made up of Giants fans. The guys at work are a little jealous."
The event was hosted by former fellow Giant Shaun O’Hara, who asked Manning questions about the upcoming football season.
"It's been about 10 weeks since my surgery, and I've been at all 12 of our [OTA] practices, feeling 100% and feeling full speed," Manning said after asked about his ankle surgery.
"I feel ready to go and ready to have a big year."
Before unveiling the ultimate commercial winner, Manning also commented on the team's new line-up, and new offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo.
"It's been really good, it's been a challenge," Manning said.
"I think it's really brought a sense of urgency to this time of year, and to getting better."
After a countdown during which each of the winners opened a sealed envelope looking for a golden DD ticket, David Driscoll, a 49-year-old Giants fan from Springfield, won the opportunity to be in the commercial with Manning.
"I was so excited and shocked when I saw the ticket [in my envelope]," Driscoll said.
"Really, I was expecting to just come down here, pop some donuts, have some coffee, and have a great time. I really wasn't expecting to win."
Dunkin officials say the commercial starring Eli Manning and David Driscoll will air this fall. And, if it's anything like Manning's past commercials - including his double stuff oreo commercial with brother Peyton, DirecTV fairy commercial, and football on your phone rapping spot - it'll likely be a classic.
The 31 winners, who were each able to bring a guest to the event and got to take a photo with Manning, were:
- Jessie Brennan of Shirley, NY
- Joe Rose of Franklin Square, NY
- William Hennett of Oceanside, NY
- Steve Villosio of Hopewell Jct, NY
- Linton Gooden of Yonkers, NY
- Lisamarie Hyde of Cortlandt Manor, NY
- Marra Burke of Ozone Park, NY
- April Schneider of Glendale, NY
- Rofena Khan of Ozone Park, NY
- Miranda Rodriguez of Bronx, NY
- Michelle Feibusch of New York, NY
- Patrick Bannon of Brooklyn, NY
- Diamond Long of Brooklyn, NY
- John Cavalieri of Holbrook, NY
- Jeanne DelNegro of Hampton, NJ
- Meagan Going of Highland, NJ
- David Goodwin of Keansburg, NJ
- Kevin Applebaum of Marlboro, NJ
- Courtney Bonfante of Marlborough, NY
- Kyla Kendrick of Long Branch, NJ
- Luis Velasco of Hackensack, NJ
- Leah Klimaszewski of Dumont, NJ
- Barry Waldman of Florham Park, NJ
- James Heine of Brick, NJ
- Al Tyree of Newark, NJ
- David Driscoll of Springfield, NJ
- Tim Rauschenberger of Springfield, NJ
- Nicole Calligan of Oakridge, NJ
- Joseph Jablonski of Flanders, NJ
- Carissa Waldron of Milford NY
- Melanie Huttner of Buffalo, NY