Board of Education President Thomas K. Belding will make a statement acknowledging the resignation of Stephen Barna, a former president of the board.
Barna submitted his letter of resignation to Belding on Friday, Sept. 14 due to other opportunities. He told Chatham Patch he was already unsure about whether he would run for a third full term in April.
Barna, an associate director at Verizon Wireless began his time on the board as an interim member, replacing a former member. He was then elected to two three-year terms representing the borough on the Board of Education.
Other Board Business
Superintendent Dr. Michael LaSusa will also give the board an update on teacher evaluations.
Also on the agenda is an item approving an agreement with Chatham Township which will allow the district to purchase gasoline and diesel fuel from the township. If approved, the district will pay the cost of fuel, plus three cents per gallon to cover maintenance and repairs of the township's pump facility.
The board will also vote on personnel items that will rescind their former approval of Randy Raffo as an assistant field hockey coach and will approve him as a volunteer coach. Doug Chambers, already a staff member in the district, will become an assistant hockey coach at the rate of $5,855.
Three other volunteer coaches will be approved:
- David Gerridge for cross country
- John Trevison for football
- Kelly Bray for girls soccer. Bray is a staff member in the district.
Donations to be approved by the board include:
- a $2,600 donation from the Chatham High School Parent Teacher Organization to purchase 2012-13 student agendas
- a $313.40 donation from Target's Take Charge of Education project to Milton Avenue School
- a Pearl Export series drums and cymbals, valued at $500 for the Chatham Middle School band, donated from a parent.
The Board of Education meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Chatham Township Municipal Building. A full agenda for the meeting is attached to this article.