The School District of the Chathams has awarded a $3,495,000 contract to a New Bruswick company to add seven classrooms at Chatham High School.
The district sought bids on four-classroom and seven-classroom additions, and opted for seven classrooms when the lowest bid for seven rooms, from Tekton Development Corp, was less than officials expected.
Work could begin this month with a target completion date next August, in time for next school year, Business Administrator Peter Daquila said.
The project means four existing classrooms won't be in use for part of this school year. The disruption has been worked out by school staff, Daquila said.
The contract for Chatham High School Addition Phase 2 was awarded to Tekton at last Wednesday's Board of Education meeting.A list of the bids is below:
- Tekton Development Corp, New Brunswick, NJ $3,495,000.00
- Stone Creek Inc, Lodi, NJ $3,518,465.00
- ML, Inc, Passaic, NJ $3,632,000.00
- Vanas Construction Co Inc., Bogota, NJ $3,664,000.00
- M & M Construction Union, NJ $3,697,000.00
- Ingrassia Construction Co Inc, Watchung, NJ $3,890,000.00
- Brockwell & Carrington Contractors, Towaco, NJ $3,989,000.00
- GPC, Inc, Millburn, NJ $4,000,000.00
- H & S Construction & Mechanical Inc, Elizabeth, NJ $4,091,000.00
- ALNA Construction Corp, Secaucus, NJ $4,094,000.00
- C.R. Construction Co Inc, North Bergen, NJ $4,291,000.00