The will hold open auditions for their biennial Christmas play, by Philip Wm. McKinley, beginning Sunday.
Director Jeffery Fiorello and Choreographer Megan Ferentinos need a large cast of various types and ages, all of whom must be able to sing and move well.
Auditions will take place at the on the following dates:
- noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 16
- 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 17
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 19
Those who wish to audition should bring their own sheet music in the appropriate key and marked with chord changes for the accompanist.
Child actors without previous audition experience or material can choose a traditional holiday or non-rock song.
Production dates are Dec. 7 to 23. Major roles for the production include:
- Charles Dickens - a tenor who narrates the show
- Scrooge - the center of the production, requires a character baritone voice and an actor with both comic and dramatic range
- Tiny Tim - a young boy (or girl) soprano with a winning smile
- Bob Cratchit - a warm baritone
- Mrs. Cratchit - requires a mezzo soprano with a big heart
Additional cast members are:
- The Ghost of Christmas Past - a young girl or boy with a lilting soprano. Should be a dancer or have had dance training.
- The Ghost of Christmas Present - an imposing character tenor. Must be comfortable with music and be physically fit.
- Belle - (an ingénue soprano age 18-24).
- Mr. and Mrs. Fezziwig - comic character actors needed.
Various other Ensemble members portray a variety of roles including the Pawnbroker, Charwoman, Undertaker, Laundress, Cratchit Children, the Ghost of Marley, Young Scrooge, Fan, Scrooge's Nephew and Niece, and Carolers.
All roles are open and everyone is encouraged to audition.
Anyone with questions can call Leslie Reagoso at (973) 769-3886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.