Monday, Feb. 18 is celebrated as a state and federal holiday in recognition of ... well, for more on that, click here.
While the day is usually a holiday in the School District of the Chathams, the Board of Education cancelled the holiday after Hurricane Sandy closed schools for a week or more.
Wondering what else to expect as you wake up Monday?
- The Library of the Chathams will open at 9:30 a.m.
- State and local government offices and courts will be closed, including the Chatham Borough Municipal Building and the Chatham Township Municipal Building.
- Post offices will be closed; there will be no regular mail delivery.
- Banks have the option to close.
- Financial and stock markets will be closed Monday.
- NJ Transit trains will run on an major holiday/weekend schedule.
- Bus schedules will vary by route and some routes may be affected.
- PATH trains will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Chatham Patch wishes you a happy Presidents Day!