Most businesses will be closed Monday for Memorial Day. The , government buildings, post offices and banks will also be closed.
For those without children enrolled in the , enjoy sleeping in!
Several stores, however, will remain open in case you run out of beverages, ice, snacks or food for your grill.
Here are their hours:
- never closes and can be contacted by phone or online.
- , 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- on Main Street in Chatham Borough, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- CVS Pharmacy in the Hickory Square Shopping Center in Chatham Township., 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- , 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- , 7 a.m. to 2. p.m.
Here's what else you can expect today:
- State and local government offices and courts will be closed, including the and the .
- Post offices will be closed; there will be no regular mail delivery.
- Banks have the option to close.
- Financial and stock markets will be closed Monday.
- NJ Transit trains will run on an major holiday/weekend schedule.
- Bus schedules will vary by route and some routes may be affected.
- PATH trains will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
There are also several services and events to commemorate this Memorial Day:
When/Where: 8:30 a.m. Monday, , 529 Green Village Rd., Chatham, NJ
Why go: Honor the fallen at this intimate gathering in Green Village.
Memorial Day Commemoration in Chatham Borough
When/Where: 8 a.m. Monday, in front of the
Why go: Mayor and council members gather to commemorate the sacrifices made by residents who have served, been wounded, held
captive or even died in their service to our country.
Memorial Day Parade in Madison
When/Where: 9 a.m. Monday, James Park, Madison
Why go: Celebrate Memorial Day with this annual parade.
Chatham Patch wishes you a very happy Memorial Day Weekend.