Ann Frommer’s solo photography show and the Art League of the Chatham’s Fall Member Show kicks off with a reception from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. this Friday in the Chatham Township Municipal Building’s Lundt-Glover Gallery. Both exhibits will remain there for viewing until Dec. 6.
Frommer’s exhibit, “European Scenes,” is a collection of photographs taken from her years of extensive travel throughout Hungary and Central Europe.
“It is not a travelogue, as such,” Frommer said. “I like to think that people are able to plant themselves in the picture along with what I see through the camera’s lens.”
Musical Director of the Baroque Orchestra of NJ Robert Butts will perform the recorder along with a trio of other instrumentalists throughout the evening and refreshments will be served.
On Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m., Chatham Area Artisans Guild hosts their “Meet the Artisans,” show and reception at Gallery 54, located on the first floor of Borough Hall at 54 Fairmount Ave. The artisans will bring some of their prominent works and refreshments will be served.
The Guild, established in 2010, is comprised of approximately six active artists who make a living with their art and live in or near Chatham.
“We planned this show with the intent to get to know the community better, and to let people in Chatham know more about us,” said Textile Designer Yolanda Fundora.
The other five artists participating in the show are Furniture Maker Bill Fagnant, Sculptor Betty McGeehan, Metal Sculptorist David Hill, Cabinet & Furniture Maker Dezi Folenta, and painter Joni Rose.
Here are other events happening in Chatham this weekend:
Friday, Sept. 16
- CHS Girls Field Hockey @ Chatham Haas Field, 4 p.m.
- CHS Girls Volleyball @ Caldwell High School, 4 p.m.
- Art show opening and reception at Chatham Township Municipal Building from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., 58 Meyersville Road.
- Chatham Athletic Foundation Fall Gala from 7 p.m. until midnight at the Madison Hotel in Morris Township.
Saturday, Sept. 17
- Chatham Borough Farmers Market from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the train station plaza.
- World Health Day: 17 health related vendors, blood drive and free blood pressure screening. Suburban Chiropractic Center will have great give aways for the kids, balloons and more.
- Sunflower growing contest concludes, participants should include their final measurements.
- Vendors Edge of Knife blade sharpening and Unionville Vineyards returns with wine tasting.
- CHS Boys Soccer @ Chatham Cougar Turf vs. Parsippany H.S., 10 a.m.
- CHS Girls tennis @ Millburn HS, 10 a.m.
- CHS Football @ Cougar Field vs. Wallkill Valley HS, 1 p.m.
- Girls Soccer @ Parsippany HS, 10 p.m.
- Chatham Area Artisans Guild show and reception at Gallery 54 from 1 to 4 p.m., Chatham Borough Hall, 54 Fairmount Avenue.
- Tyke hike from 10 a.m. until noon at the Great Swamp Outdoor Education Center, 247 Southern Boulevard.
- Jorma Kaukonen and Barry Mitterhoff play American Roots music and fingerstyle guitar at 8 p.m. at the Sanctuary Concerts, Presbyterian Church, 240 Southern Boulevard. Currently sold out, however any subscriber cancellations or additional seating will be sold in person at the door one hour before showtime.
- Live band New Dakota at River Grille starting at 10 p.m., 34 River Road, no cover.