Gift Giving For Procrastinators
Haven't started shopping yet? Here are the stores that will help you get it done on Christmas Eve.
Haven't started shopping yet?
Those December days just have a way of slipping by without giving you a chance to get one single thing done. Well, never fear. Several stores are open on Christmas Eve just for you!
- Avon never closes! Contact by telephone or online. Avon offers beauty items, clothes, shoes, pocketbooks and other similar items.
- Bike Land II, open Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. As its name suggests, this shop sells everything you need for the cyclist in your life.
- Bliss Clothing and Accessories, open Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This boutique on South Passaic Avenue sells clothes, leggings, coats, scarves and jewelry for women.
- Cachet Gift Boutique, open Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This gift boutique offers gifts for infants from newborns to 24 months, and has one of the largest Vera Bradley collections around.
- Cambridge St. Papers, open Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This stationery shop offers a mixture of traditional and quirky greeting cards, notebooks, totes and gift items that you won't find at the mall.
- Chatham Cellular, open Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The only cellular store in town services AT&T products.
- Chatham Sports Shop, open Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Terry and Stephen McCabe run Chatham Sports Shop, an essential stop for the Cougars fan on your list.
- Dreyer's Lumber & Hardware, open Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Dreyer's provides such services as glass cutting, sharpening, screen repair, deck design, kitchen design and propane refill.
- F. Gerald New, open Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This shop offers a variety of jewelry and other decorative gifts that are anything but ordinary.
- Frames on Main, open Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. When in doubt of what to give, get something framed.
- Frank's Shoe Store, open Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. This Main Street children's shoe store is a town staple.
- Gland Slam Tennis, open Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tennis gear for players of all ages and skill levels.
- Hallmark Cards & Gifts, open Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Home Depot, open Friday from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Jabberwocky, open Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This may look like your average toy store for toddlers, but look a little closer and you'll find something for even the grown-up kids in your life.
- Jardiniere, open Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Legends Gallery, open Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. An easy place to find something for the sports lover in your life.
- The Music Center, open Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Located on North Passaic Avenue, this is the only music store in the area. Sheet music, instruments, lessons and more can all be purchased here. As for soundproofing your home, that's another store.
- Ricciardi Business Systems, open Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Computers for businesses and for individuals.
- Sherwin-Williams, open Friday from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. The paint shop is available for those who want to give their partners a subtle hint.
- The Stitching Bee, open Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Classes, materials and accessories for those who love to knit ... or just want to learn how.
- Sunnywoods Florists, open Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. A quick stop for those who never want to arrive at Christmas dinner empty-handed.
- Tons of Toys, open Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Stuffed animals, board games and other novelty toys.
- Village Hardware and Paint, open Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. For anyone who idolizes Bob Vila, this Chatham landmark offers over 52,000 items.
Most stores won't re-open until next week, but if you want to get a jump on the after-Christmas sales, here are the few that will open their doors on Sunday:
- Your local Avon representative can be reached anytime by phone or online.
- Chatham Cellular, open Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Hallmark Cards & Gifts, open Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sherwin-Williams, open Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Village Hardware & Paint, open Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.